Sunday 1 May 2011

Short film 'Fiat Lux' - Official selection at the CineBH Film Festival!

During my holidays in Brazil, I made a short film with my friend Juliana Andrade using images she had made of the demolition of a neighbourhood in Belo Horizonte for the expansion of city roads. We decided to give it a twist by showing the images in a different context, like that of the creation of the world, rather than the destruction of an area. Hence the title 'Fiat Lux', Latin for 'Let there be light'. I composed the soundtrack from sounds captured in the actual place. It was fun as my first experience composing music! The film was selected for the CineBH Film Festival and screened last October. Here's the link to the festival page http://www.cinebh.com.br/ and a capture of the timetable mentioning the film:



No comments: